Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Day In The Country, Winter Weather and a Request


I hope you are doing well today as we quickly approach Christmas.

There are times I have to step back and really appreciate the blessings we have. This past week I have taken some time to do just that - in preparation for a very full and exciting new year.

First of all, I was able to get up to what we call here, the country.
It's a quaint little home on Bent Mountain in Floyd County, VA - where my grandmother grew up. Everything in the country makes life in the city seem a little too complicated. Internet, TV, cell phones, etc.
It is so funny, I get so many calls and emails each day that if I am not immediately available - some people get upset :) I still wonder how we made it without pagers and cell phones. Anyways, as you can imagine, the sky at night is much clearer in the country, you can see the wonderful stars and almost touch them. The air is so much cleaner to breath. And heat comes from a fire you make yourself...not a switch on the wall. No TV, no radio, no PC (can you believe that). Peace.
A great time to reflect.

Well, last night, we received some exhilarating news of pending winter weather - snow, ice, freezing rain - you know, the fun stuff. So, after a reflective day and a half up the mountain...everything back here in Roanoke was double hustle and bustle. People not only doing their best to find a Nintendo Wii or whatever their Christmas shopping mission was, but folks cramming the grocery stores to get extra stuff in case they are holed in their homes for a week because of wintry weather. Crazy... I, in fact, went to the store twice because I forgot the eggs...ugh. So once I settled in, I began watching one of my favorite history channel series on the American Revolution. How inspirational.
This all tied very nicely into the theme of this week which had me focused on one main thing - FREEDOM.

If you haven't really thought about it much lately - take a moment in the middle of the hustle and bustle - whether you are in the city or the country, whether you are getting snow or have 70 degree weather - and remember what our country was founded on and what we all desire as we climb the ladder with our real estate investing and internet marketing - the reason boils down to FREEDOM. We are so fortunate to be in a 'fre-e" country and we all desire our own personal freedom.

So let me leave this bit of a personal note with a prayer request.
My good friend and mentor, Matt Bacak, needs our prayers. More specifically, his brother and family. Please check out http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=DbCB4&m=1fQesGTtJM3dun&b=ezRc897PDYLZwIK3A0uOtg
and see why I ask for all of us to lift up Brooke and Jason in prayer.
I believe that our combined efforts can help this situation for them.
Imagine their trials as they make it day by day and into the holiday season. Just a final reminder for us to be thankful for what we have and each day that we are blessed to live.

I hope this was encouraging and insightful for you today. Not too much on Real Estate - but mainly heartfelt and to let you know I am thankful for you all, my friends, and I am committed to helping each of you obtain your freedom in the new year.

All my best and holiday wishes,

Charles Dudley

PS - For those interested, I will be starting a weekly study group of The Word - for those interested, please email me at revdudley@gmail.com I am planning to do these on Monday nights as we transition our weekly training calls to Thursday nights for the new year. So please let me know if you plan to attend. Thanks again. Be blessed.

No comments: